What is a Yelp Listing?
Yelp is a popular way to find great local businesses. People use Yelp to search for everything from the city’s tastiest burger to the most renowned cardiologist.
The purpose: To connect people with great local businesses
10 Things You Should Know About Yelp
- Yelp was founded in 2004 to help people find great local businesses like dentists, hair stylists and mechanics.
- Yelp had an average of approximately 132 million monthly unique visitors in Q1 2014.
- Yelpers have written over 57 million local reviews.
- In addition to reviews, you can use Yelp to find events, lists and to talk with other Yelpers.
- Every business owner (or manager) can setup a free account to post photos and message their customers.
- Yelp makes money by selling ads to local businesses – you’ll see these clearly labeled “Yelp Ads” around the site.
- Paying advertisers can never change or re-order their reviews.
- Yelp uses automated software to recommend the most helpful and reliable reviews for the Yelp community among the millions we get. The software looks at dozens of different signals, including various measures of quality, reliability, and activity on Yelp. The process has nothing to do with whether a business advertises on Yelp or not.
- You can access Yelp via Desktop, Tablet, iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and more
- The Weekly Yelp brings locals updates on the latest and greatest business openings & other happenings in their area.
Why does your business need a Yelp listing?
Yelp had an average of approximately 132 million monthly unique visitors in Q1 2014.
Yelpers have written over 57 million local reviews. In addition to reviews
Yelp is a multinational corporation headquartered in San Francisco, California, that operates an “online urban guide” and business review site. Yelp was founded by Jeremy Stoppelman and Russel Simmons in 2004. Wikipedia
Consumers with a Yelp account will leave reviews, its better to be aware and somewhat in control of your business reviews rather than oblivious about them.
To discuss having your Yelp Listing or other Local Business Review accounts set up and/or monitoring contact us today or call on (08) 94028727.